ABOUT THE SHOW : ICOMM 2010
Scroll Down to see Following content ICOMM 2010
CMAI International Mobile Sourcing and Investment Expo, 2010 was inaugurated at New Delhi on 15th December, 2010 by Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Mr. Ajay Maken. He invited the foreign manufacturers to come to India to be a part of ever growing Indian telecom sector and also to start the manufacturing in India. He also stated that Government is giving high priority for development of telecom sector in India and Government is concerned to solve all the issues in telecom sector including the security related matters.
ICOMM2010 was conducted concurrent to the visit of Hon’ble Premier of the Peoples Republic of China, H.E. Mr. Wen Jiabao.
The inauguration was shared by ITU Geneva representative Mr.Polo Rosa; Mr Grant Kuo, Managing Director, Mediatek Technologies, Taiwan; Mr. Ram Kumar, Advisor Technology and Operations, Ministry of Communications and IT; Mr. Anand Seth, Deputy Director General, President IETE; Mr. TV Ramachandran, Resident Director Vodafone.
The Mobile Expo was organized by CMAI- CMAI Association of India along with Ministry of Commerce and Industries and TEPC- Telecom Equipment and Services Export Promotion, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. It was supported by IETE, ISPAI, IAMAI, ACTO and other telecom and IT associations.
This was the first ever Mobile Expo of Telecom Sector in India, officially approved by Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs and Indian Trade Promotion Organization and participated by ITU Geneva.
Several manufacturers from Taiwan, Korea and Japan showcased their latest technologies and products. The latest products included Android phones, video transfer capable phones, note books, ipads, low cost phones of the value of 15 US$ with all facilities. The business contracts worth about 150 Mn. US$ were signed during the expo.
A consortium group of five companies announced their plans to start manufacturing in India for mobile phones within next 12 months. They have identified West Bengal as probable location for establishing the manufacturing plant.
Mobile revolution in India is now known world over, because India is adding highest number of mobiles per month in the world to the extent of 18-22 Millions cell phones. The mobile has changed the way people live in this world. It is difficult to move without a cell phone in hand. Customers now have wide choice of handsets and several applications. Cell phone is the cheapest service available in India or even world over at less than one paisa per second. A good quality cell phone is available for less than 10 US$. There are several Indian brands of handsets, with market share of more than 30%. There is sufficient scope for manufacturing in India and here exists sufficient scope for investments in this sector.
Government of India has given high priority for development of Mobile sector in India. It was informed that the cell phones can be imported freely under Open General License policy without any custom duty on imports and without any license. The Government intends to continue the existing duty regime without any change in next year for continued development in sector. There does not appear to be any proposal to levy enhanced custom duties in view of commitments under WTO ITA. The Prime Minister of India in its meeting with Premier of China has welcomed trade and business between two countries.
- ABOUT THE SHOW
- SNAPSHOT OF THE SHOW
- SHOW STATISTICS
- SHOW FEED BACK
- HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OPENING CEREMONY
- EXHIBITOR LIST
- INAUGURAL SNAPSHOTS
- SNAPSHOTS OF THE SHOW
- EXCLUSIVE CELLPHONE BUYERS AT THE EVENT
- GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AND BUYERS AT THE SHOW
- MEETING OF MOBILE WITH INDIAN TELECOM OPERATOR
- PROTOCOL MEETINGS
- ONE TO ONE BUSINESS MEETING
- PRODUCT PROFILE
No of Participants
SHOW FEED BACK
- 78% of the exhibitors established useful business contacts
- 70% of the exhibitors expects orders as a result of exhibiting
- 77% of the exhibitors indicated the visitors quality was good or excellent
- 85% plan to exhibit at the next show
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OPENING CEREMONY
Mr. Ajay Makan, Hon’ble Union Minister for Home Affairs, Government of India
Guest of Honour
Mr. Ram Kumar, Advisor, Technology, Department of Telecom, Government of India
Mr. R K Pathak, Dy Director General (Investment Promotion), Department of Telecom, Govt of India
Mr. R K Gupta, President, Institutions of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers
Mr. Grant Kuo, Managing Director, MediaTek India
Mr. Paolo Rosa, Representative ITU Geneva
Mr. T V Ramachandran, Resident Director, Vodafone
Mr. Su Ji, Managing Director, Zongh Rui, China
PROMINENT BUYER COMPANIES AT ICOMM 2010
- T SERIES
- AARJAY INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE LIMITED
- ACCORD COMMUNICATIONS LTD.
- ACETEL TECHNOLOGIES
- AIEVOICE INFOCOMM INDIA PVT LTD
- AIRFONE INDIA PVT. LTD.
- AIRWAVE TECHNOLOGIES
- AMARA RAJA BATTERIES
- AMBER INFOSOLUTIONS PTV. LTD
- BANYAN NETFAQS PVT. LTD.
- BHANSALI CABLES AND CONDUCTORS
- BHARTI DURALINE
- CAPE INDIA
- COMNET EXHIBITIONS
- CORAL TELECOM
- CYBER MEDIA (INDIA) LTD
- DARSHAN ELECTRONICS
- EAGLE EXPRESS LOGISTICS (INDIA) LTD.
- ELETS TECHNOPMEDIA PVT. LTD
- ENKAY SAGAR HOLDINGS PVT. LTD.
- ERICSSON INDIA
- FCI OEN CONNECT
- FEDERATION OF INDIAN EXPORT ORGANIZATION
- FROG CELLSAT
- GOWIN (HK) TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
- HILLS SALES RECRUITMENT HEADHUNTER
- HOLILA DEVELOPMENT LTD.
- HONKING PTK TECHNOLOGY CO .LTD
- HYCOT IMPEX PVT. LTD
- INTEL TECHNOLOGIES
- INVAS INDIA
- J.B.J IMPEX
- JAI ELECTROTECH PVT. LTD.
- MARK AND SPACE
- MERIDIAN MOBILE PVT. LTD.
- MOBILE STANDARD ALLIANCE OF INDIA
- NED ENERGY
- PANTALOON RETAIL (INDIA) LIMITED
- PARAMOUNT CABLES
- PHILIRAY ELECTRONICS PVT. LTD
- PIONEER ENTERPRISES
- PRASHA TECHNOLOGIES
- R V SOLUTIONS
- RAHUL INDUSTRIAL ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD.
- RANEKO TECH
- RDA MICROELECTRONICS (SHANGHAI) INC.
- RFS WORLD
- ROOZ GLOBAL
- ROYAL INTERNATIONAL
- SAI CARE
- SAURABH PHOTO INTERNATIONALS
- SERVOMAX TELECOM
- SEVENSEAS TECHNOSOLUTIONS PVT. LTD
- SHENZHEN HENGLEXING TECHNILOGY DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD.
- SHENZHEN KECHAODA TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD
- SHENZHEN SAIXINGTONG TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD
- SHENZHEN TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD.
- SHENZHEN WANSHENGLONG COMMUNICATIONS CO. LTD
- SHENZHEN WAYAR COMMUNICATION CO.LTD.
- SHREE SAGARMATHA DISTRIBUTORS PVT. LTD.
- SHYAM TELECOM LTD
- SICT CHRISTIN HORSE
- SIM TECHNOLOGY GROUP SHANGHAI SIMCON LTD.
- SMILE INFOTEL PVT. LTD
- SOCIETY FOR NEW TECHNOLOGY AND EMERGING TRENDS
- SPAN TELECOM
- STERLITE TECHNOLOGIES
- STRATEGY-ADVISOR PVT. LTD.
- SUN CAPITAL PARTNERS CONSULTANTS LIMITED
- SUNSTRIKE TELECOM PVT. LTD.
- SUPER CASSETTES INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- SVB INTERNATIONAL
- TEJAS NETWORK
- TERACOM INDIA
- TIRUMALA SEVEN HILLS PRIVATE LTD
- TOP WISE COMMUNICATION CO .LTD
- UMTS INDIA
- V2 UDYOG LIMITED
- VENUS BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
- VISION INTERNATIONAL
- VIVA MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES P LTD
- VK GUPTA AND ASSOCIATE
- WORLDWIDE EXHIBITIONS PVT. LTD.
- WYNN TELECOM LIMITED
- XL TELECOM
SNAPSHOTS OF THE SHOW
EXCLUSIVE CELLPHONE BUYERS AT THE EVENT
GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AND BUYRES AT THE EVENT
MEETING OF MOBILE WITH INDIAN TELECOM OPERATORS
ONE TO ONE BUSINESS MEETINGS
See you again at